Monday 30 March 2009

KFC and ambiguity

Let me tell you about what happened at lunch time. Realising that I had not eaten a proper, nutritious lunch at work for many days, I decided to go to KFC. I didn't fancy any of the "standard" stuff like Zinger Meal or Chicken Burger, so I decided to go for a tapas approach and buy some individual items. So I ordered:

1x portion of popcorn chicken
1x portion of chicken wings
1x portion of fries

This cost me £6. I thought this was dear, but I paid it anyway. After all, you do have to pay for quality.

Now here is the crunch. A crucial fact which I did not realise at the time, but which I now appreciate only too well, is that everything KFC sells comes with fries, whether explicitly stated or not. So this is what I actually got:

1x portion of popcorn chicken plus 1x portion of fries
1x portion of chicken wings plus 1x portion of fries
1x portion of fries

Yes, people I ended up with three portions of fries. The seagulls in Newtownards befitted greatly from this.

My wallet did not.

4 comments:

  1. "Realising that I had not eaten a proper, nutritious lunch at work for many days, I decided to go to KFC."

    I admire your... solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I see we've gone blue. I think I liked the black better. Just... being honest... y'know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother prefers the blue. Now this is awkward...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you care what Mal thinks. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete